Youth Support and Counselling
Kingston Youth Services offers individual online or phone support services for young people aged 12-25 who have a connection to the City of Kingston. This support includes both Youth Work and Counselling.
- We work with young people aged 12-25 who live, work or study in the City of Kingston
- We are committed to providing a service that:
- Provides ongoing support where needed
- Create meaningful opportunities for participation
- Foster independence and prepare young people for their future
- Acknowledge that young people come with their own aspirations
- We work in partnership, where relevant with families, communities, schools and other agencies to ensure the best and most effective support is provided
- We connect young people to others around them and the community in which they identify with
- We are committed to protect and facilitate the rights of young people
Psychological counselling styles are varied and depend on the therapist’s approach and skills as well as on the needs of the client. Our Youth Counsellors provide psychological counselling aimed at reducing emotional distress and strategies to cope with life’s problems. Counsellors will spend time in the first few sessions getting to know the client and the difficulties they are facing. The Counsellor with the young person will come up with therapeutic goals and the approach that is best suited to their needs and preferences.
You may wish to refer a young person to our counselling service when they are having difficulties functioning. This can include physical, mental, social, relational or emotionally. Other reasons you may wish to refer to us is if a young person have signs of possible mental illness.
To refer to the Youth Services team please complete a Kingston Youth Services Referral Form
In addition to the Referral Form above, we require the following Consent and Permission forms submitted. Please note, if young person is under 16 years of age, we require the consent and permission of the parent / carer / guardian.
To speak with our Youth Team:
Call 1300 369 436 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org