Work Ready Workshops
Weekly in May
Platform 81 (81 Albert Street, Mordialloc 3195)
Kingston Youth Services have developed a specially curated series of workshops focused on equipping young people to be better prepared for the workforce.
The Work Ready Workshops will increase confidence navigating the employment sector for young people. Topics covered include looking for work, developing resumes and cover letters, preparing for job interviews, and understanding worker rights.
To attend our Work Ready Workshops, you must be:
– Between the ages of 14 and 25 (unless otherwise specified)
– Connected to the City of Kingston (live, work, study); and
– Complete a Participation Form
If you have questions, contact our Youth Team on 1300 369 436 or send our team an email.
Upcoming workshop dates (pick and choose the topics that are relevant to you, or attend all sessions for a chance to win a prize):
– Wednesday 3 May: Looking for Work
– Wednesday 10 May: Resumes, Cover Letters and Key Criteria Explained
– Wednesday 17 May: Interview Skills
– Wednesday 24 May: Worker Rights
– Wednesday 31 May: Volunteering
Our Work Ready Workshops are supported by the Victorian Government Engage! program. The Victorian Government is committed to supporting young people to realise their full potential by providing access to programs that focus on improving skills, career pathways and community engagement. Through the initiatives created by the Engage! program, young people are provided the opportunity to participate in a wide range of activities and projects that meet their individual goals and aspirations.