We understand that the time we are finding ourselves in at the moment is challenging. As part of Kingston Youth Service’s commitment to supporting young people and their families we have put together a list of resources you can access to gain further understanding and/or strategies to navigate some of the challenges you may be facing.
This list will be updated and changed up as the weeks go on to ensure we are providing you with the most up to date and relevant information.
Alternatively, we welcome you to reach out to us so that we can offer more support and answer any questions you may have. You can reach us on 1300 369 436 Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
BEHAVIOUR AND COMMUNICATION:
ONLINE SAFETY and AWARENESS:
MINDFULNESS ACTIVITIES – Individual or with your family or friends!
1. Squeeze Muscles: Starting at your toes, pick one muscle and squeeze it tight. Count to five. Release, and notice how your body changes. Repeat exercise moving up your body.
2. Belly Breathing: Put one hand on your stomach and one hand on your chest. Slowly breathe in from your stomach (expand like a balloon) and slowly breathe out (deflate).
3. Mindful Meal: Pay attention to the smell, taste and look of your food. No multitasking.
4. Meditation: Sit in a relaxed, comfortable position. Pick something to focus on, like your breath. When your mind wanders, bring your attention back to your breath.
5. Listening to Music: Focus on the whole song, or listen specifically to the voice or an instrument.
6. Yoga: Download one of the many free apps or jump on YouTube to find a video right for you.