Family Support Services
Our Family Support Services team provides a free and confidential service committed to providing support, information and referrals to families with children up to the age of 18. Family Support Service staff work with families to achieve specific goals as identified by families.
We recognise that from time to time everyone has difficulties and may need additional support. Sometimes, these difficulties can be addressed within the family. Sometimes, you can turn to extended family, friends or colleagues for help. There may be times when you may benefit from talking with someone who is outside of the situation, and who can provide some professional assistance.
Service areas may include:
- Supporting family relationships
- Routine management in the home
- Promotion of self-esteem & confidence
- Social skills development & support
Parenting Support Groups – Provides the opportunity to socialise with other parents and carers in the local area, meet with family services staff and participate in regular informative and recreational activities.
Positive Parenting Service – Sessions are run throughout the year with a focus on promoting child development and supporting parents/carers to increase their knowledge and understanding around parenting issues. For information about our Strengthening & Raising Healthy Families or Pit Stop Programs please click here.
Information and referral – Family support workers are able to assist in providing information and/or referrals that may be required by families.
Case Management – Family support services are available to families with children aged 0-18 years, dependant on place of residence.
Kingston Family Support Services works towards a number of objectives that assists us in ensuring we can provide quality services within our community. This includes:
- Delivering programs and services in which families thrive; where children and young people are seen, heard and celebrated;
- Delivering “best practice” principles and methods where appropriate;
- To meet the needs and strive to exceed the expectations of our services users;
- To ensure effective communication that supports high level service and program delivery;
- To contribute to the ongoing review and development of policies and procedures;
- To ensure services users and the wider community are aware of Council activities, policies and services;
- To ensure the application of risk management techniques;
- To ensure that Council operates under the principles of impartiality, honesty, accessibility and avoids conflicts of interest; and
- To ensure accuracy, confidentiality and reliability in the provision and management of financial and other information.
We value your feedback. Please feel free to speak to us any time about our services.
For more information about our service please contact the Family Support Services Coordinator on 9581 4860.